Sunday, May 31, 2015

Song Haiku

Water slowly moves
oblivious passengers
"gently down the stream"

"A heartbeat away,"
My father said that this song
brought back a dead friend

There is not one song
that I know all the words to
I realized today

We are in this world
to follow the song of G-d
and to sing our own

Some days are jazzy,
other ones are rock and roll-
sometimes they're the blues

In some languages
poems and songs share one name
But not in English

"I shall sing my song,"
are lyrics of a song
that resonate for me

Maybe my ear aches
come from all of the ear worms
playing in my head

People enjoy songs;
poetic compositions
are another thing

Lilting Jill Sobule
sings, "Having a better day,"
dovetailing my thoughts

I'm feeling that song
about beats freeing your soul
via rock and roll

"Fly like an eagle,"
Steve Miller's band sings-
And I will- one day

"When will our eyes meet?"
Barry Manilow once sang
Once when we were young

HaikuHorizon's prompt this week is "song"

No comments:

Post a Comment