Thursday, September 12, 2024

HAND WRITTEN OVER TWO NIGHTS

Processing my life
I am laying on my bed
Wanting to detox
That story about
the Xs on the foreheads
sits there on my screen
And the irony
is hot, I find it striking
how fitting it is
Our phones are the
wheat that makes us all crazy
this haiku, my X
Marking my forehead
my phone in the other room
I'm writing by hand
Write me a letter
send it through a blue mailbox
so we'll remember...
II
...I'm thinking again
about Rebbe Nachman's wheat
and the forehead marks
I think we've fallen
in a short number of years
hard, away from G-d
I write on paper
hiding from my phone, in bed
calling out to G-d
G-d bless us to read
to write each other and speak
heart to heart, off line
Oh my G-d, bless me
to work with you and be free
and learn how to see Written Nov 23 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment