Sunday, January 18, 2015

456- 519

She's no longer 12
It's 40 years for me too
and yet and yet and...

Or friendship or death
said the Sages of Honi
stuck in the wrong time

I so want this pen
to fall out of my hand and
me to fall asleep

Maybe change the game
from victim to something new
like human being

Take away one thing?
Okay, just please not the glue.
I said not the glue

Messiah complex
Something to be avoided
Or contained better

Know you are not G-d
Know you can't even come close
Then get close to him

The friendship is there
I've got that part down.  And yet.
There's got to be more

She got special shoes
She was happy. Then she died.
So he exchanged them.

I ordered a Coke
and then dad freaked out at me.
What was I thinking?

She was in his drawer
then she was in his handbag
with us on the plane

The disappointments
go back to things I was told
that I should resent

"I'd water your plants,"
she said to me years ago
"-but I don't want to."

They live in a book
in fictionalized Brooklyn
I read them for real

He looks at it and
realizes all at once
that this is his life

I look at it and
realize all at once that this
right now is my life

"Your work honors breath"
I breathe in and read her words.
All I have is breath.

I must mention it
so that I can manage it:
My family hurts.

Just one more haiku
I've never had a coffee-
unlike Bob Dylan

My heart is beating
between my ear and my bed
hard on my pillow

I want to write truth
without worrying about
what the facts may be

I'm not Harvard smart
and I'm not new Yorker smart
I am simple-smart

I know what I know
Paul Simon wrote in a song
and I know the song

G-d please protect me
with a light that surrounds me
the light of my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment