Monday, May 5, 2014

243-262: Ring Haiku (You Can Now Comment On This Blog)

"Such a good husband,"
they said, without noticing
he took off his ring

Phones no longer ring
but they take endless photos
and hail people cabs

An interesting ring
inside a cereal box
just made a kid's day

I see it as sad
My safely deposited
cancelled wedding ring

Take care with cliches
like, "Give me a ring some time."
Take care in this life

Expressions wear rings
rings of falsehood, rings of truth
See and hear them well

A ring a ding ding
Frank Sinatra used to sing-
a hard working king

Poe caught the ringing
of the bells, bells, bells, bells, bells
which ring in my head

Certain things ring true
and the ringing will not stop
until we answer

David had a ring
which was truthfully inscribed
with, "This too shall pass."

I once had a ring
with my Hebrew name on it-
My name is Natah

The name rings a bell
a funky store, long ago
I think, "Rings & Things."

Sometimes I wonder:
Were the Ringling brothers teased
about their last name?

The Olympic rings
make me think of magic tricks-
Tannen's Magic Shop

I keep on writing-
Like a boxer who just wants
to stay in the ring

"The ring is too small"
she said when they got engaged.
This did not bode well.

She gave him the ring
In the past she took it back
Now it was over.

Sometimes I flash back
I hear the front door bell ring,
Mother caught off guard.

Mother used to say,
"Don't answer on the first ring,
you seem desperate."

Tony Orlando
sang of "rings on her fingers"
in  my parents' home

These haiku were inspired by the prompt - "ring" - from Haiku Horizons.  Check out the site.

9 comments:

  1. wow what a whole lot of rings..well done... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such images! All a complete life in three lines! How do you do it???? Grateful you can and do, RN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you explored every angle. Nice collection of haiku! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah ! you are so talented ! saving them all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are exceptional ! awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you hear Poe's ringing bells, it's hard to turn off the sound! ;)

    Fertility’s Shadow Ring

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to you all for the feedback. i set up moderation and did not receive any emails about comments so i was sad, thinking i got zero feedback. need to figure out how to do this moderating thing...

    ReplyDelete