Friday, April 4, 2014

211-220 Sand/Trip

Stars shine above me-
The grains of sand in my shoe

Hurt me from below

It is safe to say
There's more sand in the bottom
of my hourglass

How much in my life
are temporary facades-
Castles made of sand?

I want to hold you
Like sand passing through my hands,
First I must find you

--------------------------

My foot catches on
before the rest of me does
so I trip and fall

Life is a journey
All we know is it goes on
Until it doesn't

John Steinbeck said that
unlike what he'd thought, he learned
that the trip takes us

Incomes are like shoes,
they say John Locke said-
too large and we trip

My trips to Shoprite
make me think of Disneyland
where I've never been

Sometimes I knew that
we were not almost there yet
still, I had to ask

No comments:

Post a Comment